Money is entrepreneurial freedom


Heinrich, 65 years of age, born in Mainz, son/shareholder of an entrepreneurial family has had his main residence in Switzerland for 9 years, but is considering returning to Germany now that he is older. Spends a large portion of the year travelling and in Brazil, the country where he also worked from time to time in the past and where he still maintains a Foundation. He has an office for his fund and real estate management in Germany. He has 6 children from his first wife, who divorced him 17 years ago and who also comes from a wealthy family. He has now been living and travelling with his new life partner for 15 years. Susanne did the Xploring session with Heinrich in Viareggio, Italy.
"I disagree with a statement made by some of my friends, ‚I could also live on a teacher’s income‘; that simply is no longer true. I cannot imagine that. To me, money does not mean luxury, but rather entrepreneurial freedom for which one needs a certain liquidity, since not every deal works out. Particularly when one is older does the desire to take greater risks arise, because one becomes more impatient and wants to see faster results."
"My first thought in October 2008 was to divide my capital over five banks, to be sure to rescue something. That had me trembling. What I actually did was temporarily park a large amount with the Deutsche Bank, because it is German and quite stable in comparison to the other banks.“
„ The management of funds also means work to me. One needs not only basic knowledge of financial management, but also, and always, understanding of the current market situation, because the object is not only to maintain the status quo but, rather, to expand, so that one can live from the interest, the surplus.“
"Now I am with the Credit Suisse. In the 'Feri' ratings they were always in the Top5 of banks. They have a good reputation in the economic news and are specifically now, during the crisis, turning up with positive reports, plus they have the necessary (customer/money) inflow. At the moment they probably are the most trusted bank in Switzerland.“
"In the beginning I still followed one adviser or another to a different bank. But there is no point to that. They are then promoted, have other focuses, other tasks. It would be nice to have an adviser that grows along with the capital, to whom one wants to entrust more and more because one has established a foundation of trust. But, as I said, I have never yet experienced that .“
Thought: Money is life, not luxury. Life is entrepreneurial, not just stable and static.

No comments:

Post a Comment